needing to vent & help/advice

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

78cobra
Site Newbie

needing to vent & help/advice

Post by 78cobra »

I probably shouldn't post this at all.. if possible to only be made visable by member please do or deleat it!... Oh before you read more this is just and angry as hell fzr owner.

I finally got my 88 fzr1000 back after a huge hassle and mess and some people being ignorant/a$$e$. And trying to get it back a little over a year! I brought my bike 2 years ago to a guy to just get it running didn't matter if it barelly ran just get it to run and stay running I'd do the rest (after local bike shop screwed my bike up). After a year of nothing I tried getting it back.

The guy said he use to be a yamaha mechanic who raced the bike when it was new. Has thousand dollar equipment in his garage bla bla. And everytime I'd stop by said he had a HUGE job that he had to do. What ever I'm in no rush I have my 94 to ride. Prior to this. The bike had 1 issue, i was in my young age of 19 lisson ed to my mom and had the local bike 'professionals' try and fix my bike. Bad pick up coil that would loose continuity after getting warm. That's what I thought and asked the to test... they didnt. MY ORIGINAL DIAGNOSSIS, apperently was wrong, the shop said it's the carbs the setting were soo 'weird' wasn't a stock bike duh look at it. After they messed w it had less power than my old 250 ninja.

So I tried getting my bike back after 1 year even this year., pissed my buddy he bitches about not paying hot his second gear fixed first. Apparently he didn't remember. JUST NOW, Threatened to scrap my bike. As well as apparently I used him as pure storage my bike (I've had a garage & a storage unit for over 6 year). So I made arangement to pick it up thursday, i stated the time and that it was THE ONLY TIME I COULD. he said sure that work I'll get it ready. I Stop by, his gf said he's not feeling well, nothings ready come by tomorroq. I said may I speek to him...well you can call his phone. (Really he can't be more than 20 feet away.) What ever I call him. He sais the gate is locked and is screwed shut. He has to unscrew it and climb the fence. Ok I literally say as politely as possible. 'Is this something I may do'

He starts yelling and cussing sais, just shut the F&** up and a whole bunch of shit. Comes out won't let me help his ass, asked his dad to do lift a latter over the fence. His dad is like 60, I also offer help carrying the ladder he did have a bandaged up hand he said, stay the F** away from me, & a Bunch of other shit. Mentions me not paying storage bla bla. Then sais doesn't matter this POS will never run again...

Ya no shit you stored it out side! With both outer plug missing, no intake, no tank but under a tarp. My Motor is seized, water was sitting in the engine. The 2 inner cylinders have water in the carbs & intake. Oh and the guy in his 40s or so. Oh he didn't get hurt 'apparently bad'. Lots of pain pills can't keep food down (i do believe) yet one time I stopped by i was told he was out snow mobiling. & he climbed half over his fence. Oh and when he was bitching said, he had just toaken his pills and wanted to sleep.... dude really, you knew & made an agreement for at a pre negotiated time for me to get my damn bike, or you scrap it.

Oh and if I give him the benafit of the doubt... ok you tried fixing my bike. but your a freaking parts changer (decent maybe good one, but your not real a mechanic) and gave up said your done w trying to fix it... ya ok it happens, but you never called and said so. And every time I tried getting it in the past year i'd stop by you'd say come later @ 6 (and would be asleep, littrally 1 hour after you apperrently take your pills) or come on saturday... and then every time I'm then told your sleeping.
Last edited by 78cobra on Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
CURRENT: ALL BUILT NOT BOUGHT (expect the 88fzr)
88 FZR1000: custom blue, lowered, jetted, full V&H super sport
95 FZR1000: V&H SS2R can, V&H Power Pack, YZF750R Cams, 530 -1/+1, k&n filter, flush mount, chopped & tinted screen, radio (2) 3" & (1) 6" speakers.

78 Mustang Cobra: black, red decals, T-top, 306, c-4, H/C/I, geared
85 Mustang GT: black, red stripe, 302, 5spd, EFI conversion, heads, cam, intake, Holset WH1C turbo, geared, Capri front end & much more
93 Mustang LX: black convert, 2.3, auto, factory gt body kit
04 BMW 645Ci: arctic blue, sport, winter & logic 7 package, dvd, & 19s
78cobra
Site Newbie

Re: needing to vent & help/advice

Post by 78cobra »

Oh advice.. get what the bike is worth scrap metal, Wait for a running bike w no tittle usually 1,000 (to much in life projects to sit on 1000), semi local guy has an 85 750 motor that 'spins' 150 bucks. And another guy wants a trade probably think bike is worth more than it is, no tittle and he's tried to sell it a few times. 'Lost interest in bikes', 'Ran when was parked' chopped wiring it 'was in the middle of turning into street fighter' (craigs list, ya how trustworthy is that). Thanks for reading my anger/1am/miller filled anger rant.
95 FZR1000: V&H SS2R can, V&H Power Pack, YZF750R Cams, 530 -1/+1, k&n filter, flush mount, chopped & tinted screen, radio (2) 3" & (1) 6" speakers.

85 Mustang GT: black, red stripe, 302, 5spd, EFI conversion, heads, cam, intake, Holset WH1C turbo, geared, Capri front end & much more
greasemeup
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by greasemeup »

Hope you feel better :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kolederacer
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by kolederacer »

Don't get discouraged. Anything can be fixed. Water in the engine is not too bad. Depending how long its been there
1988 FZR1000 - 1995 suspension
1974 RD350
2003 Honda RC51
2013 Yamaha YZ450f
78cobra
Site Newbie

Post by 78cobra »

The motor is completely seized up and i can see rust on the valves that are open. So the whole top end needs to be rebuilt plus the fact why it wouldn't run was never figured out and we'll weather damage on electronics who knowm