Fzr1000 to sell or break??

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

FzrOz
Site Newbie

Fzr1000 to sell or break??

Post by FzrOz »

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, i recently passed my test andbought a 1994 fzr1000, what a bike! Goes like a rocket! Anyway i ride it to work every day and it had the 4 limiter problem fixed (servo jammed) its got a full race exhaust on it and a k&n filter but it recently cut out while i was riding, all the revs and turning signals etc just went? trying to start it again the fuel pump was priming for an unusual amount of time and after continous trying it does start up again but cuts out again a few miles up the road! I checked the fuses and one had blown so i replaced it and hey presto it was fixed!! But after riding it about for 15 minutes it done the same thing? Come back, same fuse blown? Now i am at the end of my tether, cant keep vouching on spending money on it with a baby on the way? So would you guys say uts worth selling as it is or breaking it?
lucky13
Site Newbie

Re: Fzr1000 to sell or break??

Post by lucky13 »

IMO, Fix it. You'll be happier in the long run
DonTZ125

Post by DonTZ125 »

The big Fizzer doesn't have the voltage regulator issues that the smaller bikes do, but it's still a good idea to check the voltage across the battery terminals at 3k rpm. If that turns out ok, you have a short / loose wire / burned bulb that is shorting inside the bulb. Get out the wiring diagram (on the Wiki!) and start tracing wires.
FzrOz
Site Newbie

Post by FzrOz »

So would that make it cut out? Its like something is stopping the fuel getting to the pump because everytime i go to start it ip after it primes for ages! But everytime it jappens the revs and turn signals go? Could they be linked do you reckon? Sorry iv never worked on bikes before, il happily take a spanner (or a hammer) to my car bit not as confident with bikes
moshumi13
Site Newbie

Post by moshumi13 »

Had something similar happen to me. Pump would prime forever and would seem to become fuel starved when riding later. Also, if I hit my rear brake it would stall out. Turned out to be that the rear brake switch wire and the fuel pump wire got switched. Have same connectors and similar wire colors. Both are under tank. If you or someone else has been in there it's something to check.