Clutch fluid leak

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

ofloinn3
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Clutch fluid leak

Post by ofloinn3 »

Happy New Year everyone,

I haven't been on in a while. But, have a problem on my old '94 for that needs some attention, and help from you fine fellow FZR Lover's.

During this past summer, I noticed I am slowly losing fluid from my clutch reservoir, and finding it down the left side of my bike. I haven't had the chance to pull plastics, the tank and check my line. I think I'll find the problem somewhere in there. There is no leakage from the lever or connections there. There also is no sign of leakage from the clutch cylinder on the lower left side. It would seem, the line is where I'm going to fine the problem. Is there anything else I should be looking at here? Baltimore, Maryland is heading out of the 20 degree rage by mid week. Should be able to get the plastics off (without them crumbling from the cold) to take a look. Any suggestions, as always, are greatly appreciated. I will certainly let you all know what I find.
"In like Flynn"
Stig
Level 3.5
Level 3.5

Re: Clutch fluid leak

Post by Stig »

It'll be the seals gone in the slave cylinder thats bolts to the side of the sprocket housing. If you're lucky you'll get away with a rebuild kit depending if the piston isnt too corroded. Alternative would be to swap the slave. Its fitted to several models so readily available second hand....check out the parts number at boats.net and see what else it fits to help with the search :thumbsup:
If its not broken it dont need fixing

http://www.exup1000.co.uk
ofloinn3
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Re: Clutch fluid leak

Post by ofloinn3 »

Hey Stig - Sorry for the late reply and thank you. I still haven't had a chance to work on my bike, but I do know it's not the slave cylinder seal. I will post what I find, once I find it.

You must be the only guy here, beside me, who has had this problem. lol
"In like Flynn"