Exaust & Sprocet cover!!???

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

th3nz4
Site Newbie

Exaust & Sprocet cover!!???

Post by th3nz4 »

Afternoon!.. Firstly id like to say... im a motorcycle Noob!! ive bought my first project bike a 87 FZR1000! its a beast!.. everything runs fine how ever im at the last stages of stripping it and i cannot remove the sprocket cover?!? am i missing something?. and has any1 a idea on what exaust system i can use on it? or anythat will fit as the one with the bike is rotten!! :duh: or were are the cheepest places? my2cents ..

Thank you!!! :tks:
banghead
Stig
Level 3.5
Level 3.5

Re: Exaust & Sprocet cover!!???

Post by Stig »

If all the screws are out it may be seized on the dowls and/or gear selector shaft

You'll be hard pressed to find an original exhaust in good condition. Keep an eyeing on eBay. The are suppliers that do aftermarket full systems too but they won't be cheap
If its not broken it dont need fixing

http://www.exup1000.co.uk
th3nz4
Site Newbie

Post by th3nz4 »

ThaNX STIG!.. that is literly what im doing i check ebay everyday for them!.. :( even just to find a good set of pipes and bodge one will do me! the bikes going all black everything rat/streetfighter!.. im not sure what forks will fit either without having to chop the front end :(
willandrip
Level 7.0
Level 7.0

Post by willandrip »

To aid removal of the stuck cover; Use the clutch lever to pump the casing off the crankcase a small amount.
Then place a small wedge in the gap and repeat.
Ensure to apply even pressure at the opposite side of the cover by the selector shaft and pull the cover off squarely.

Schmo9....elsewhere on the forum has just sourced a set of good used headers for his project.

He may have tips.
Sent from my keyboard using the English language not some teen text shite from a fooking phone.